This privacy notice provides you with details of how we collect and process your data through your use of our site ridgewayinteriors.co.uk including any information you may provide through our site when you purchase a product or service; sign up to our newsletter or take part in a prize draw or competition
By providing us with your data, you warrant that you are over 13 years of age.
Ridgeway Interiors are the data controller, and we are responsible for your data (referred to as "we", "us", or "our" in this privacy notice)
Our full details are: Ridgeway Interiors
Postal address: Unit 8 Rycote Lane Farm, Rycote Lane, Thame, OX9 2NZ
- WHAT DATA DO WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
Personal Data means any information capable of identifying an individual. It does not include anonymised data.
We may process certain types of personal data about you as follows:
– Identity Data may include your first name, last name,
– Contact Data may include your billing address, email address and telephone numbers.
– Financial Data may include your bank account and payment card details.
– Transaction Data may include details about payments between us and other details of your purchases.
– Technical Data may include your internet protocol addresses, browser type and version, browser plug-in types and versions, time zone setting and location, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this site.
– Profile Data may include your purchases or orders, interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
– Usage Data may include information about how you use our website, products and services.
– Marketing and Communications Data may include your preferences in receiving marketing communications from us, third parties and your communication preferences.
We may also process Aggregated Data from you, but this data does not reveal your identity and, as such, is not personal data. An example is where we review your Usage Data to work out the percentage of website users using a specific feature of our site. If we link the Aggregated Data so that you can be identified from it, then it is treated as personal data.
Sensitive Data – We do not collect any Sensitive Data about you.
- HOW WE COLLECT PERSONAL DATA
We collect data about you through a variety of methods, including:
– Direct interactions: You may provide data by filling in forms on our site (or otherwise) or by communicating with us by post, phone, email or otherwise, including when you:
– order our products or services;
– subscribe to our service or publications;
– request resources or marketing be sent to you;
– enter a competition, prize draw, promotion or survey; or
– give us feedback.
- HOW WE USE YOUR DATA
We will only use personal data when legally permitted. The most common uses of personal data are:
– Where we need to perform the contract between us.
– Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
– Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
Generally, we do not rely on consent as a legal ground for processing your data other than by sending marketing communications to you via email or text message. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or clicking Unsubscribe in our emails.
Purposes for processing personal data
Below is a description of how we intend to use personal data and the legal grounds on which we will process such data. We have also explained what our legitimate interests are where relevant.
We may process your data for more than one lawful ground, depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data. Please email us at email@example.com if you need details about the specific legal ground we rely on to process your data where more than one ground has been set out in the table below.
|Purpose/Activity||Type of Data||Lawful basis for processing|
|To register your enquiry as a new customer||(a) Identity
|Performance of a contract with you
|To manage our relationship with you, which will include:
(b) Asking you to leave a review or take a survey
(d) Marketing and Communications
|(a) Performance of a contract with you
(b) Necessary to comply with a legal obligation
(c) Necessary for our legitimate interests to keep our records updated and to study how customers use our products/services
|To enable you to partake in a prize draw, competition or complete a survey||(a) Identity
(e) Marketing and Communications
|(a) Performance of a contract with you
(b) Necessary for our legitimate interests to study how customers use our products/services, to develop them and grow our business
|To administer and protect our business and our site (including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting and hosting of Data)||(a) Identity
|(a) Necessary for our legitimate interests for running our business, provision of administration and IT services, network security, to prevent fraud and in the context of a business reorganisation or group restructuring exercise
(b) Necessary to comply with a legal obligation
|To deliver relevant content and advertisements to you and measure and understand the effectiveness of our advertising||(a) Identity
(e) Marketing and Communications
|Necessary for our legitimate interests to study how customers use our products/services, to develop them, grow our business and inform our marketing strategy
|To use data analytics to improve our website, products/services, marketing, customer relationships and experiences||(a) Technical
|Necessary for our legitimate interests to define types of customers for our products and services, to keep our site updated and relevant, to develop our business and to inform our marketing strategy
|To make suggestions and recommendations to you about goods or services that may be of interest to you||(a) Identity
|Necessary for our legitimate interests to develop our products/services and grow our business
You will receive marketing communications from us if you have:
(i) requested information from us or purchased goods or services from us; or
(ii) if you provided us with your details and ticked the box at the point of entry of your details for us to send you marketing communications; and
(iii) You have not opted out of receiving that marketing in each case.
Where you opt out of receiving our marketing communications, this will not apply to personal data from a product/service purchase, warranty registration, product/service experience or other transactions.
Change of purpose
We will only use your data for the purposes we collected it unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason that is compatible with the original purpose.
If we need to use your data for a purpose unrelated to the purpose for which we collected the data, we will notify you and explain the legal ground of processing.
We may process personal data without your knowledge or consent where this is required or permitted by law.
- DISCLOSURES OF PERSONAL DATA
We may have to share personal data with the parties set out below for the purposes set out in the table in paragraph 4 above:
– Service providers who provide IT and system administration services.
– Professional advisers, including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers, provide consultancy, banking, legal, insurance and accounting services.
– HM Revenue & Customs, regulators and other authorities based in the United Kingdom and other relevant jurisdictions who require reporting of processing activities in certain circumstances.
– Third parties to whom we sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or assets.
We require all third parties to whom we transfer your data to respect the security of personal data and treat it according to the law. We only allow such third parties to process your data for specified purposes and follow our instructions.
- INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS
Countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA) do not always offer the same levels of protection to personal data, so European law has prohibited transfers of personal data outside the EEA unless the transfer meets specific criteria.
Some of our third-party service providers are based outside the European Economic Area (EEA), so their processing of personal data will involve a transfer of data outside the EEA.
Whenever we transfer personal data out of the EEA, we do our best to ensure a similar degree of security of data by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is implemented:
– We will only transfer your data to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data by the European Commission; or
– Where we use certain service providers, we may use specific contracts or codes of conduct or certification mechanisms approved by the European Commission, which give personal data the same protection it has in Europe; or
– Where we use providers based in the United States, we may transfer data to them if they are part of the EU-US Privacy Shield, which requires them to provide similar protection to personal data shared between Europe and the US.
If none of the above safeguards is available, we may request your explicit consent to the specific transfer. You will have the right to withdraw this consent at any time.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you want further information on the specific mechanism used by us when transferring your data out of the EEA.
- DATA SECURITY
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know such data. They will only process personal data on our instructions and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have established procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
- DATA RETENTION
We will only retain your data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of the data, the purposes for which we process your data, whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements
By law, we must keep basic information about our customers (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for six years after they cease being customers for tax purposes.
In some circumstances, you can ask us to delete your data: see below for further information.
In some circumstances, we may anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes. We may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
- YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws concerning personal data. These include the right to:
– Request access to personal data.
– Request correction of personal data.
– Request erasure of personal data.
– Object to processing of personal data.
– Request restriction of processing data.
– Request transfer of personal data.
– Right to withdraw consent.
You can see more about these rights at:
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please email us at email@example.com
You will not have to pay a fee to access personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to anyone with no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information about your request to speed up our response.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made several requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
- THIRD-PARTY LINKS
This website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.